let the water take me
running on
running free
dip my hands into
its flow
time as its current
meaning left behind
like the bedrock
under sand
cooling off
moving on
letting go
create
anew
**
a little poem inspired by Human Being's series of pictures
her blessings spread in many ways ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
WOW!
Honour, you are like water... transparent... always on the move... giving life... a source of inspiration...
I really like this view to the life:
'running free
.
.
.
meaning left behind
like the bedrock
under sand'
Even the shape of your poem illustrates exactly your reflections on my blog:
"-- and then, the next one is clear of all remains. Just a little stream of water running, running free."
You gave a new life to my pics... both by your thoughtful comment and with this beauuuuutiful poem...
Thanks for running so vigorously and beautifully in my life...
Namaste!
P.S. I'll put the link to your poem on my blog.
Lovely poem. I went to a sort of psychic massage healer person about 8 months ago at a troubled time in my life. She did a meditation with me, saying to imagine myself as a river. Imagine all the things with me there in the river etc. This image has been so helpful to me, the sense of flow. At this time in my life I have no roots. So I think of me flowing and gathering leaves and twigs, fish and feet, rocks and dissolving snow. Flowing onward to the sea. It is a great image. Healing. Thanks for yr poem.
Go
Let the water take you
Run on
Run Free
There is Big Magic there
Though most people don't realize
The river lets me talk to the water sometimes
Though you don't really talk
So much as listen
When you do; you can learn some amazing things
About the world
About yourself...
The bedrock, and yes the sand too
They are old
And wise
And often unconcerned
With what we call
Meaning
But the Water is older...
And it's secret purpose remains unseen
It connects us all
To each other
To the beginning
Let the water take you
I am glad you are willing
HB - I'm glad you enjoyed the poem. I was online just as you posted it, and it was early morning ... and my creativity was ready to pour into something. So, collaboration across the continents :)
Sukipoet- The image is indeed very healing. Funny how we can find the answers to life's complexity if we look to the simplicity of nature ... the image now is with me too now, so I appreciate you sharing ...
Bobbb- Big Magic indeed! I value listening more than talking ... water is wise, even if the bedrock is unconcerned, but unconcerned in a good way :) life is bigger than we can imagine, isn't it?
Much bigger
What I have seen
To the horizon of my understanding
Never ceases to amaze me
And my understanding grows every day
I owe much of that to people like you
"collaboration across the continents"
hmmm... love the idea so much...
Post a Comment