I am only a writer
I score my reality
with my pen
reflect life’s images
back to you
like that of a
lake still
shimmering before you
clear
clean
complete
but water – like truth –
is inconstant
___ constant moving
__________moving in
__________moving through
my emotions
I am only human
my words are human too
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Being fully human is the best we can do... we are made to be human, and to be only human is greater than we can imagine.
Lovely poem!
"I am only human
my words are human too"
Those last two lines really stood out to me; they really completed the poem very well.
Scoring reality with your pen makes you a writer. Reflecting life's images makes you an artist (much larger term).
Words
Falling floating
Reflecting
Like water
Like you
Beautiful
I really like this allot
So simple...
But at the same time
So
Big
Thank you :)
oh... sure they are... and they make us human, too.
but water – like truth –
is inconstant
___ constant moving
__________moving in
__________moving through
my emotions
love this part so much... it's really moving...on the page
yes, the only constant is change...and change is moving...
yet is to be human an "only." It's only me I often say. As if it were nothing. Which maybe it is. I like your poems. Quiet and contemplative. Be well, Suki
Tania and Suki - yes, we forget that the "human" part of us - the imperfection - is the beautiful part, don't we?? thanks for your words ...
samurai - don't you think though writers are artists too??
HB, A and Bobb - i appreciate your visits and words of encouragement
all of your visits encourage the fostering of more words :)
Of course I think that. My point is that, when you've taken on the task of reflecting life's images, you are then contributing to the art world, and not just the writing one. Your writings then reach artists of all kinds, not just other writers.
Post a Comment