Sunday, April 20, 2008

True

when wishes are spoiled
and hopes disfigured, I ask

is there a lesson yet unlearned?
did I miss Karma's cue?

but in the darkness
I am reminded

I mapped my own course
true to the North of my compass

and a star reappears

for no matter how rough my path
it still belongs to me

and I am proud
to own it

5 comments:

sukipoet said...

Nice poem. And sometimes what we think are wishes spoiled, turn out in the end to be wishes fulfilled. It is hard to make judgements about whether what happens is good or bad.

I like the reminder too, that we choose our own paths, that is the freedom of life.

human being said...

beautiful and true.....
and what really matters about our way is that
'it still belongs to me'

when i look back see how i endured hardships just because they were part of what i chose personally...

Honour, you're right... 'a star reappears'
really enjoyed reading it.

Anonymous said...

Not to worry
You can't mis Karma's cue
If you are true to yourself
It will come around again

Roxanne said...

suki - so true. there is a lovely zen tale about that ... good luck, bad luck - hard to really say, isn't it??

human being and bobb - thanks for sharing your reflections ... you really understood my words :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely poem, it resonated in me.