We can have all the knowledge in the universe, but it still comes down to only one thing - practice. (Crescent Moon Bear Fable, as recounted by C.P. Estes)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
What the seasons bring
- thanks for those who commented on this formerly posted piece of work ... i've had to take it down for now ... more to come !! -
Is lust the sin? She definitely sold her soul, for sure. At first I though though that she couldnt get up because she was now obese. Another nightmare. Gluttony.
Yeah - i picked up on the gluttony idea pretty quick with this.
Just been catching up with your writings. I loved this story and the way you detailed the slow decay into obsession. Some great idas - and i enjoyed the class re-union story as well.
Wow, Honour, you really caught me up in this...I thought the guy at the end was taking her to the funny farm the looney bin...but I guess he is DEATH... Wow...I am full reading it...as in having eaten too much... I am sure I gained five pounds sitting here while reading. Wow.
This story conveyed the idea very well. Yes, Like Lynn, I also thought that the man at the end was a representative of a psychiatric ward. But the story took a much darker turn than that. I didn't know her obsession was to the point of the supernatural.
However, in contrast to others, I definitely now want to eat those Italian dishes. Especially the cheese-filled peppers. What's funny is, I also make sure to have dinner prepared at 8:00 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays. "Family Guy" comes on.
I so HAD A BLAST writing this piece. It evolved completely differently than what I had anticipated. The other sins are done, just not yet posted. Got caught up in work.
Thanks DFTP. I think that's how most sin evolves, isn't it? Decay and slow - rather than sudden and shocking.
Michael- nothing wrong with a little pasta, once in a while!
Lynn - LOL! I like reading where everyone thinks that "dark place" he is taking her might be!
Lydia - thanks,:)
Clandestine - yes, the supernatural suprised me too. I wondered how it would work, in a story that started out so non-supernatural. Your family guy comment made me laugh :) here's a cheese-filled pepper to you !
I'm a writer of several genres: young adult, speculative fiction, and non-fiction. I seek to unearth the extraordinary in the ordinary and share what I find with others.
9 comments:
Is lust the sin? She definitely sold her soul, for sure. At first I though though that she couldnt get up because she was now obese. Another nightmare. Gluttony.
In this one, it's gluttony. I find it hard to separate the sins. Lust is definitely mixed in there.
And when I wrote lust - (it's a coming) - I mixed wrath in with it.
All inseperable!
I liked your comment suki - yes, perhaps she couldn't get up because she was now obese!
Yeah - i picked up on the gluttony idea pretty quick with this.
Just been catching up with your writings. I loved this story and the way you detailed the slow decay into obsession. Some great idas - and i enjoyed the class re-union story as well.
I'm kind of turned off pasta right now. (smile) Good stuff.
Wow, Honour, you really caught me up in this...I thought the guy at the end was taking her to the funny farm the looney bin...but I guess he is DEATH...
Wow...I am full reading it...as in having eaten too much...
I am sure I gained five pounds sitting here while reading.
Wow.
Terrific writing! I definitely thought that her obesity had killed her.
This story conveyed the idea very well. Yes, Like Lynn, I also thought that the man at the end was a representative of a psychiatric ward. But the story took a much darker turn than that. I didn't know her obsession was to the point of the supernatural.
However, in contrast to others, I definitely now want to eat those Italian dishes. Especially the cheese-filled peppers. What's funny is, I also make sure to have dinner prepared at 8:00 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays. "Family Guy" comes on.
I so HAD A BLAST writing this piece. It evolved completely differently than what I had anticipated. The other sins are done, just not yet posted. Got caught up in work.
Thanks DFTP. I think that's how most sin evolves, isn't it? Decay and slow - rather than sudden and shocking.
Michael- nothing wrong with a little pasta, once in a while!
Lynn - LOL! I like reading where everyone thinks that "dark place" he is taking her might be!
Lydia - thanks,:)
Clandestine - yes, the supernatural suprised me too. I wondered how it would work, in a story that started out so non-supernatural. Your family guy comment made me laugh :) here's a cheese-filled pepper to you !
Honour I just left you a long response to your comment on my blog. I hope you don't mind coming back to read it. Lynn
Post a Comment