Prince Edward Island, on the other hand, was a different experience altogether.
How is that? One shore seems so foreign. And another -- not so far away -- feels like home, though it's the first time I've ever laid eyes on it.
Perhaps it was the rolling hills of farmland. It was enough to remind me of my own province: the hay bales, the activity of fall harvest. But their land is not flat, so I could see the delightful patchwork of reds, oranges and yellows embedded in their thick greens. And yet, there was still enough of the clean blue sky for me to see, so my prairie senses would not be suffocated.
And the sea! Red cliffs dropped to the rolling waves, framed by hardy strands of pale green grass. Truly enchanted.
Yes, here, I could transplant myself for a year or two. I have already started to devise ways to return ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
As I was saying before, the home is in the mind. I guess that familiar combination of things is what brings comfort.
It sounds like a special place. I love that you're already thinking of returning. You are having such a wonderful vacation; I love reading your posts about it.
They say you can never go back - you know. Both you and the place will have changed because of your experience.
As usual you have found the beauty in the place. I imagine it would be great to go travelling with you...
The one place outside of the US that i have been. I brought back, as souveniers, many red rocks laced with granite?
Yes, Clandestine, it is interesting what attracts us and what makes us feel "comfortable".
Lydia and DFTP - yes, I'm thinking of returning, but DFTP is right when things never are the same. Travelling is like romance that way :) Now that I'm home, I'm a little more realistic. Maybe not moving - but a summer cottage would be nice !
Suki - ah yes, the red, red rocks. I loved that red soil. That will be my souvenir when I return.
You can't go. But then again, I can't stay either. Mayhaps we miht meet there someday?
"Red cliffs dropped to the rolling waves"
loved this description very much... i could see it... even heard the waves...
:)
di - sure, come on out for my summer retreat. all are welcome! but you must book with me so I can save space for you in my cottage :)
HB - lovely to see you back. I've missed you! the waves were indeed overpowering, in both its sound, force, and wind !
Post a Comment