looking
searching
a horizon
waits
is waiting
has waited
is always waiting
to be noticed
the day has come
or
has it always been here?
I need not look for
the
t u r n i n g p o i n t
now
here
now
shed urgency
and the need to act
I will not miss it
it will present itself
every day
in every moment
if I know how to look for it
--------
*thanks to Michael for his posting Mark This Day which helped inspire this poem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Beautiful
...always waiting
to be noticed…
Every day
In every moment...
Each moment is me
I am my universe
Horizons near
And far
Await
Always
Always
Awareness
Everybody
Everything
Has a story to tell
Look for them
Listen
Laughter
Learning
Love
Just over the horizon
Verrrry beautiful poem. I rarely do this: read a poem, then must read it aloud. That's how this one affected me, Honour. (My cat, Feather, squeezed her eyes in appreciation of the rhythm.)
And how special is Bobbb's comment?
I haven't written a poem for a long time, so i shan't embarrass the world by trying now.
I really like this - i think we all get caught up looking for a moment when the world can be turned on its axis and everything changes: so much so that we sometimes miss the moments when things can really change xx
Very nice poem and somehow I think you will know how to look for it, or to see it. thanks for all the great recent comments on my blog.
.
a point
i pause
no hurry
no worry
just me
and
the point
pointing at
nothing
but me
i turn
toward
me
.
a point
a turning point
------------------------
just fabulous... Roxanne
thanks for giving us the pause...to see 'it' that has always been here...
The last line really hooked into me....the thing it was about.
I'm no poet, but I love reading simple, beautiful poetry - like this one, Honour. Love the message in it too.
Rangimarie [peace],
Anne-Marie
Great stuff Honour. It's multiplying somehow to notice the moments with like minds.
M
Bobbb - I love that sentiment you shared, "I am my universe" ... amazing how something can be so freeing and terrifying at the same time :)
Lydia - glad you enjoyed it ... poetry (and prose) have a different feel when they're read out loud. I try to read all of my pieces out loud before I finalize them.
DFTP - I agree ... looking for that "moment" can be dangerous -- there really is never a right or perfect time for those turning points in our lives
Suki - thanks. I'm hoping my latest reading (still Chodron!)helps me recognize those moments.
HB - hmmm.. I like this poem ... captures my feelings perfectly!
Cabacurl and anne-Marie - thanks for dropping by - and glad that you found something in the poem that spoke to you!
Michael - thank you for your posting that helped inspire it .. it is reassuring to *find* like minds out there
Post a Comment