twilight uncloaks
moon’s shadow
hanging
waiting
unlit in dusky blue
inviting doubt
to reveal herself
in ways she dare not
in harsh rays
of daylight
hold out your hand
to her murky thoughts
forbidden
untrusted
place faith in where she guides you
unveil
the
manufactured
rationale
‘til only truth remains
in the night sky
a jewel
instinctive
leading you home to
your genuine self
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I like your blog - and your poem. The family meal blog was great - i could imagine being there! Family do's can be a chore, because so much expectancy is put on them. Everything has to be just right or people go away and moan!
Having faith, affirming oneself against doubt, going against doubt to lead to your trueself.......sounds existentialist some ways. The imagery is potent.
mr. samurai and DFTP -glad you liked the poem ... putting my poetry out to the world is quite the new thing for me ... thanks for dropping by
This is very good.
many thanks a. -- by the way, i love the name of your blog, i left a link for you there that you might be interested in ...
Love the poem. Reminded me of Rod McKuen's work. He had a few great ones...
lovely. I came here from the link of human being's blog. But I've seen your line additions on hopper's poems. Are you reading poems in the picture?
Thanks for dropping by :) In the picture I'm competing in an event we have in my city called "Story Slam" for writers and storytellers. So, that day I was telling a story. Hopper used to compete in it too (when he used to live in my city)- it was how we became friends ... it's a great event for writers
Thanks for answering Honor. Have heard of poetry slams but not story slams. Sounds fun.
Post a Comment