Do you think emotions leave their imprints on things - similar to how our hands leave fingerprints?
My friend, Eddie, prompted me to do our annual "year in review" over coffee last week. A couple of days later I thought it would be interesting to see what the year had been like as documented in my journal. Well, to my surprise, I had gone through three journals this year. Good lord - a productive year.
As I looked at my bookshelf of journals, it was strange. I could look at a journal, see its rust cover embossed with gold engravings and say - "oh, that was a year full of lots of heartbreak." Ask me who might have contributed to that or why it was so hard, and I wouldn't be able to tell you. I just know that while I held that journal I shed a lot of tears. I actually had to go into the journal and read to see why that year was a tough one.
Another journal, light green borders with a daisy in the middle, - yes, that was a good year. My career path opened up considerably that year. I saw a lot of progress in my professional goals ... again, have no idea what year it was or why - but that was a good year.
Funny how that works. Things we feel so acutely now might be nothing but a shadow tomorrow ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment