Friday, June 5, 2009

Gratitude


I was going to post pictures of the fire, but decided against it. Instead, I am posting these pictures. Flowers fill me with gratitude and joy - so they get the spotlight. This one was given to me by my friend, Wendy, who moved to Laos. It didn't bloom for the first six months and then there were a couple of small blooms. I took the picture about six weeks ago.









The pictures above are my most recent additions. Hydrangeas are my most favorite flower ... and you can see how the african violets are now dripping with blossoms.

7 comments:

sukipoet said...

Roxanne, these flowers are so sweet. Fire? I guess I missed that post and/or news. I assume the hudrangea show is cut?? Or can you grow them indoors.

Lynn Cohen said...

So pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

It's wierd the connections that words form in your head

I immediately got the Beastie Boys song "Gratitude" in my head when i saw the title of this - even though its completely irrelevant.

Lovely flowers and still very glad that you are ok xx

Roxanne said...

Suki - no, the hydrangeas are planted! Just a small portion -- three stalks .. but in a pot with dirt and all. The florist said it would last as long as I watered it every day.

Lynn - I agree. Every day it brings me at least one smile.

DFTP - ahh.. it's all connected either way, don't you think? thanks for your warm-hearted words :)

Lydia said...

I love hydrangeas and my plant in the side yard hasn't produced any flowers so far this year. You remind me that I must read about fertilizer...
Your African Violets are astonishingly healthy too!

human being said...

a fire burns in flowers
as in you and me...

Roxanne said...

Thanks Lydia ... I am lucky - it has nothing do with my skills!

HB - thinking of you!!