Monday, April 13, 2009

Seven Deadly Sins



It's not just a digital image. I've been published!

If you're a regular reader of my blog, then you were there at the beginning. It started out as an innocent challenge between writers / readers of speculative fiction and it grew into a bonafide publication. Billie, Eileen, and Tina are long-time fellow writers and members of my writing critique group. The challenge was issued to us by one of our colleagues and publisher, Brian Hades, of EDGE Science Fiction and Absolute XPress.

The result? A flash fiction anthology.

It has been a real collaborative project and my friend, Herman, did the cover work.

(I've provided links to all of their webpages, but they've been on my blog-roll for a long time now!)

Our book launch is this upcoming weekend. I'll be sure to post pictures.

And, I'd love it if you would purchase your own electronic or hard copy.

If you think you'd like to participate in a challenge like this yourself, enter the next flash fiction challenge on the topic of creatures of the night. The deadline isn't until August 1, 2009. AND it's a great way to exercise creativity!

12 comments:

sukipoet said...

congratulations Roxanne. That's great and love that cover.

Lydia said...

Oh, wow, I am so excited for you! I'm really curious to see which of the sins you wrote will be in the book....
The cover is striking! Have a marvelous time at the book launch. :)

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Hey! Great news and well deserved. Hope the book does well - will have to see if i can get a copy here in the back of beyond.

Might have a go at the creatures of the night... could be fun

Lynn Cohen said...

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo! This must feel so good to see yourself in print! Happy for you and all the other authors as well! And the artist who did the front cover!!! Terrific.

Roxanne said...

Dear Suki, Lydia, Pixie-Man and Lynn --- thanks so much for your congratulations and well wishes. I must say, I am thrilled. It's quite exciting. As my friend Eileen said, it's like I'm a teenager again, going on my first date.

DFTP - I think definitely you should go for the creatures of the night flash fiction competition. It's fun :)

Lynn Cohen said...

Honour, I just popped back in to let you know I posted the photo cards today on my April 15, post for sale! come see when you get a minute if you are not too busy signing books! ;-)

michael.offworld said...

Woo-hoo!

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Hey honour - a further update having watched your interview!!!

Shame the clip cuts you off, but just to wish you more success in the future. Am looking forward to seeing your books on the shelves of Waterstones in the future and saying "I know her!" when i go to the counter with it xx

Roxanne said...

Michael - thanks for the whoop of support!

Pixie-Man - I will take the generous wishes and use them to fuel my future endeavors. Thanks so much :)

Roxanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monique Kleinhans said...

Congrats!!!! that is awesome!

human being said...

love the cover
and the title is really inviting...