consult the daytimer
plan the thinking
schedule the planning
planning the schedule
until you forget
that time
isn’t borrowed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We can have all the knowledge in the universe, but it still comes down to only one thing - practice. (Crescent Moon Bear Fable, as recounted by C.P. Estes)
10 comments:
Excellent and thoughtful reminder. I'm recalling when a former boss in a former job required all staff to attend Daytimer training and to purchase the whole enchilada of products. The concept never clicked with me.....
Oh yes. The moment, the moment.
I do have to chuckle at the concept of daytimer training. You made me think here as i thought at first you used the wrong word, "forget" instead of remember. But now I think you mean the essential forgetting of the trainings of the past, to do everything by time. I am sure i wrote somewhere of the year i spent without clocks. I kept trying to do things from an inner need and impulse, rather than by schedule. Of course one has to schedule certain things. But for the most part I survived quite well.
"time isn't borrowed"...
time is of an essence
time waits for no one
time to get up
time to go to bed
time to have fun
time is running out
out of time
time out
and there is no time like the present!
;-)
O
BA
MA
Actually, a recent album by UK rapper The Streets claimed that everything is borrowed, that we came into this world with nothing and leave with only love.
We should probably remember that - and i think you were saying something along those lines: you can spend so much time planning the things you do and never doing the things you plan... xx
Lydia - a daytimer class? what ??? how funny!
Michael - yes, the elusive moment :)
Suki - ah yes, it could go either way ... but at the time, what I meant is that we plan so much that we forget how precious our time in the moment is ... I remember emerging from a very work-aholic year -- kayaking on the west coast, remembering what it felt like to eat when I was hungry. not because it was time, or because I would be hungry later and wouldn't have time to eat later ... it was all very awakening and wonderful!
Lynn - love your poem and love how you peppered my blog with your passion and support for Obama. He is so inspiring ... even for us non-Americans!
DFTP - ooohhh I love that concept. How we go in and out of this world with nothing but love. Gee, if we remembered that how different would some of our choices be ...??
Oh yes
I was sent to time management classes also
I never did catch on either
I learned to see productivity as a potentially dangerous thing
Blindly driving us over the edge, for the sake of more and faster.
My employers it turns out don’t know what time is at all
Instead they invest in a warped illusion of time; wherein it is broken down into measurable units, which we track with devices like clocks.
Chronology, is not time
But we like it
Because it is something we can measure and weigh against productivity and that other grand illusion that enslaves so many of us, money.
So what IS time?
I will tell you later…
is there a poem / posting in the works?
hmmm... witty...
Post a Comment