The Writers' Guild of Alberta invited their members to sign up on Facebook. That was it. I could no longer avoid Facebook. Despite my rantings and ravings to friends about how it leads to superficial relationships - peeking into people's lives to find out if person A has X items or Y interests .... I realized that it was true. Facebook was turning into a social network. An accepted way of communication among both personal and professional realms.
My New Year's Resolution was to sign up next week. I started the process - typed in the URL - and couldn't go through with it. Literally, I was there and about to type in my email address and clicked on the big X in the right hand corner instead.
An alternate solution, I decided to jump on the blog bandwagon. I figure if I'm going to stay in touch with people via the electronic media, I might as well make it as human as possible. Expose you to all of life's ups and downs - my hopes and my fears (paranoias?) - all of my wishes and reflections. You might as well know the semblance of who I want to be or how I delude myself into thinking who I am ... no categories, no checkboxes, just a stream of consciousness.
Welcome and Merry Xmas :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome to blogger land.If you don't advertise, you won't get traffic so it's not as if EVERYONE on the internet is reading your blog. Just the odd person who stumbles in.....
This is a good first step. May there be many more...D
Hey Honor,
Great to see you accepting the electronic medium. One problem though... I can't seem to leave a comment on your other post. Maybe you set it up that way. Either way, great to see you getting rid of stuff this new year.
All the best in 2008.
Post a Comment